This morning I started writing my normal "things to do" check list. I am a check list person. I will even do something...then write that thing on my list so I can have the satisfaction of checking it off! Check lists help me keep my priorities straight as well as my household. Apparently check lists are also hereditary. Check out this beautiful list written by my 8 year old daughter a few weeks ago. Proud parent moment!
In Good to Great, Jim mentioned something about check lists. My ears perked up with anticipation. Someone who speaks my language! This is what he said "Stop Lists are more important than your work to do list" WHOA! I'm going to let that sink in for a minute. "Stop Lists are more important than your work to do list". So today I am adding a "stop item" to my to do list. I can't wait to check it off. I hope I can do it!
What "stop item" would you add to your to do list today? Stop checking social media every 5 minutes. Stop drinking caffeine today. Stop yourself from watching another episode on Netflix? Stop yelling at other drivers? Interesting thought isn't it....

No comments:
Post a Comment