Roots are a funny thing. Recently I guess I decided to put roots into where we are living. Somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind something decided to commit. As many of you know I attended 18 schools by the time I graduated from High School. My Dad was in sales and we moved ALL THE TIME! My husband, on the other hand, was born and raised in the same home that his parents still live in. (This blows my mind). Rudel and I have lived in 3 homes in our 21 years of marriage. Which was due to a work transfer. So what happened? I have no idea. How do I know that something shifted? Well...a quick look at my amazon account would demonstrate it! We maintain our home well but hadn't invested in it. If we did invest it was with the thought that it would be for resale value. We now have new hard wood floors, new furniture, a pergola being delivered today, and a building project in the planning. I always wanted a house with wood floors, huge recliners and a flower filled back yard. So why didn't I do this earlier? I have no idea! My husband works hard. He has the right to not just a maintained home but to an cosmetically enjoyable one. I also have a right to sit in a backyard that is full of beautiful flowers and vegetables. So it is happening. Now that it's happening I am running with ideas and implementing all sorts of personal touches to our living space. It is going to be a great summer!
So wait for it...you knew this was coming...where are your roots in your walk with Christ? Have you personalized it? Are your roots going deep no matter what obstacle is in your way? Are you driven to reach the water or are you still stuck in a huge pot letting someone else water you? Are you committed long term? If so how are you investing in your "Christianity". What does it look like? Where is your time going? Where is your money going? Most importantly...where is your mind going? Do you think about God and his goodness? Do you meditate on scriptures? Do you think about people in Godly ways?
Ladies and Gentleman....commit. Choose an area in your life today to think LONG TERM and it would be really great if maybe part of that would be your walk with Christ.

No comments:
Post a Comment